As I mentioned last week, we’re back in Ojai. Which means all the loose-end projects we left at the start of the summer are back on the to-do list! Starting with organizing my spice drawer. And the garage. With a scenic detour to look at storage inspiration.
Before I get to those, two things I thought you should know about:
Reath Design, who designed our house, has collaborated with Clé Tile on a collection of tiles that are reminiscent of the marbled end papers from 18th-century books.
Patricia Wells is selling another swath of beautiful vintage plates, textiles, and cookware from her Provencal farmhouse. She is offering Homeward readers 10% off orders of two or more items. The sale opens on Sunday, October 4, at 11:30a.m. ET (until then, all items are marked “unavailable”). Use the code HOMEWARD2026 at checkout!
Nothing some tape, a sharpie, and a list can’t wrangle.
Now back to organizing in Ojai: You might remember I gave you a peek earlier this year of my kitchen tour. Organization makes my heart go pitter-patter. This is not something to brag about. No one is lauded for being particular about how they organize their home, as it often suggests the person is anal, uptight, unfun.
But I’m so fun, guys!
And guess what? As I discovered in John Pawson: The Minimal Home, Donald Judd, Georgia O’Keeffe, and of course John himself, were also particular about storage:
So, let’s get into the details on my spice drawer. ...
Subscribe to Homeward to unlock the rest.
Become a paying subscriber of Homeward to get access to this post and other subscriber-only content.