There’s one part of our outdoor set-up that I haven’t yet figured out: the open space between our pizza oven and grill and a seating area. The original plan was to build a small island on wheels that could be used as a serving table, back-up prep space, or bar when we’re entertaining, but it hadn’t been made by the time we were moving in, and then I hit pause on it after using the pizza oven a few times. It would be great to have a place for people to gather around while I’m cooking, yet I worried about crowding the area with a tall visual obstacle. Without anything there, though, it feels bare. Guests stand around, unmoored. It’s the great outdoors—give the people places to feel sheltered and at ease! While I’ve been hemming and hawing, the stone company, from whom we bought a stone slab for said island, has started charging us rent for holding onto the stone. Want to feel colossally dumb? Then rent space for a stone slab that you can’t decide what to do with. Any Homewardians want a piece of stone that’s sitting in L.A.? So now I’m going to publicly hem and haw and show you what I’m thinking about, and hopefully you will help me break the spell and make a decision. The comments are open! ... Subscribe to Homeward to unlock the rest.Become a paying subscriber of Homeward to get access to this post and other subscriber-only content. A subscription gets you:
|


